Grants and Scholarships
The Wellington Schools actively seek grants, scholarships and awards to supplement funding provided through federal, state, and local support. Some of the awards making a difference in our schools include:
- School Quality Improvement Grants totaling $900,000 to fund programs at McCormick Middle School and at Wellington High School.
- Expanding Opportunities for Each Child Grant in the amount of $275,000 to expand the AP College Board program.
- 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant to support Boys and Girls Club after-school programming at Westwood and McCormick.
- A total of $12,463 was raised across the school district during the annual Wellington Kiwanis Peterson Nut Sale. Proceeds from the sale benefit a scholarship fund for high school seniors.
- The annual Duke Pride Carnival raises money to support our summer Well-help food vouchers program for families in need.
Did You Know?
WEVSD hosts an annual Kindergarten College Night in partnership with the Kiwanis Club of Wellington for families to receive information on opening a College Advantage Account to begin saving for college. Through this program, $50 is donated to each family in attendance to make their first deposit in the account. The Wellington Schools Endowment also provides a matching gift each year based on investment returns.
This event is made possible thanks to our partnerships with: