The Wellington Exempted Village School District is governed by a five-member Board of Education that provides governance to the district on policy and financial matters.
The Board’s duties include the following:
- Hiring and evaluating the district Superintendent and Treasurer
- Recommending financing/funding options (levies) to the community to provide for district needs outlined in a long range plan
- Adopting an annual budget and appropriation measures
- Adopting policies for the governance of the district and its schools
- Considering and voting upon the recommendations of the Superintendent on all matters of policy, appointment or dismissal of employees, salary schedules or other personnel regulations, courses of study, selection of textbooks, or other issues pertaining to the operation of schools
- Informing the public concerning the progress and needs of the schools, and to solicit and weigh public opinion as it affects the schools.
The Board may only exercise its governing authority when convened together in a public meeting. Individual Board members have no authority to act alone. The President has been appointed by the Board as its official spokesperson. Board members may serve unlimited consecutive terms and are elected by the residents for four-year terms during years ending with odd numbers. Two Board members are elected in one election and three are elected in the next, creating staggered terms.
In January, the Board elects officers and sets meeting dates. Board officers serve a one year term and may be re-elected.
To contact the Board of Education, email or call individual members. For general information regarding the district, please call (440) 647-7974.
The Wellington Exempted Village School District's goal is to provide high expectations for all students, to promote pride in school and community, and to create opportunities for social and emotional growth.
The Wellington Exempted Village School District is a supportive, student-based community committed to providing opportunities that develop the whole student through focusing on academic achievement, collaborative data-driven decisions and professional development.
Thank you Donor Video, with students and staff thanking our generous donors to the Wellington school district.
The offices of the Superintendent and Treasurer are housed at Westwood Elementary School at 305 Union Street, Wellington OH 44090, (440) 647-7974.
The Director of Student Services, Nancy Nimmo, is located at McCormick Middle School, 627 North Main Street, Wellington OH 44090.
The Coordinator of Student Life and Athletics, John Bowman, is located at Wellington High School, 629 North Main Street, Wellington OH 44090.