Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC)
The primary responsibility of the Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC) is to review educators’ Individual Professional Development Plans (IPDPs) and ensure that the identified goals and strategies are relevant to the needs of the district, the school, the students and the educator.
When advancing to a Senior or Lead Professional Educator License, please send paperwork to LPDC first. It will then be forwarded to the Superintendent's office.
Local Professional Development Committee:
- Jennifer Barlow, Westwood
- Brenda Bosley, McCormick - Chairperson
- Sherry Arcuri, WHS - Secretary
- Donna Keenan, Principal
License renewals/transitions are now done online through the ODE website (http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Teaching/Licensure).
- At the very top of the page there is a link to the SAFE login page.
- You will need to create a SAFE account, if you don't already have one.
- During the application process, be sure to use the Wellington Schools LPDC IRN 013671.
When you receive a new license, make sure to fill out an Individualized Professional Development Plan BEFORE taking hours that will apply to your next license renewal!
For Renewal you need:
180 contact hours OR 18 CEUS OR 6 graduate credits OR a combination of the above
- 10 contact hours = 1 CEU
- 3 CEUS = 1 graduate credit
Wellington School District: IRN#045658
Wellington Schools LPDC: IRN#013671