Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
The Wellington Exempted Village School District has two school improvement issues on the ballot: 1.89 Mills for a Bond of $8,700,000, and 1 Mill for maintenance of our facilities.
Residents, we realize that the way schools are funded sometimes results in ballot language that is somewhat confusing. Please know that we chose this option because it was the least expensive to our community, while still meeting the needs of our students.
- Westwood Elementary School is over 60 years old and needs major repairs to its parking lot, roof and boilers. Of the building’s three boilers, only two remain operational.
- Wellington High School is almost 50 years old and is also in need of large repair to its roofs and parking lots – all are estimated to cost more than $1 million each per project.
If the district is unable to pass this levy, we must delay the critically needed repairs of our facilities. This results in learning environments that are less safe, and more costly to operate and repair in the future. At Westwood Elementary, any additional issues to the boiler system will result in having to close the school until repairs can be made.
Wellington Exempted Village Schools will be out in the community and hosting informational tours up through Election Day. We invite you to attend, bring a friend, ask questions, and learn about how ISSUE 16 supports our students now and for years to come. Dates and times are:
- Tuesday, March 10 | Open House and Tour | 6:00-7:30PM | Westwood Elementary School | 305 Union Street | Wellington, Ohio
- Thursday, March 12 | The State of Wellington | 8:00AM | $10 | Wellington Eagles #205 | 631 Main Street | Wellington, Ohio
- Thursday, March 12 | Open House and Tour | 6:00-7:30PM | Wellington High School | 629 N Main Street | Wellington, Ohio
- Saturday, March 14 | Dialogue with the Board of Education | 8:30-10:30AM | Bread & Brew | 100 S Main Street | Wellington, Ohio
If you would like to host an information session with the Wellington Exempted Village School District and your neighborhood or organization, please contact Superintendent Edward Weber personally at: (440) 440-647-4286.
Additional information about ISSUE 16 can be found and shared online at:
Still have questions? Call us anytime in the Wellington Exempted Village School District at (440) 637-4700.